In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester model 64

dodge69dodge69 Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
edited November 2018 in Ask the Experts
My Dad left a Winchester model 64 with me and I was wondering the appoximate age. Serial #12202xx. Any clues? It's not in the best of shape but after 20 years of sitting I put 3 out of 4 in the nine ring @ almost 100 yds. Thanks for your help. Pete

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a model 64 built in l953. If it would have had a factory lyman sight would it be a 56 or a 66a.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I bought a model 64 today. Condition 95% 30-30 ser. 1891xxx
    Thought it was a carbine but the barrel is only 19" so it must have been cut at one time and the original front sight put back on.
    I paid 450.00
    How much does the cut barrel hurt value? Thanks for the help.

Jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is the value of a winchester model 64 in excellent condition. It has a redfield peep sight and original ramp sight , a checkered stock with a pistol grip, original leather sling, serial # 2061750 in 30-30 caliber with 24 inch barrel. Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a model 64 Winchester 1947 25-35 that I need a front sight hood. Did it use the same hood as the pre 64 ,94.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    could somebody tell me what the number is of the front sight hood for a Model 64 ? Every place I look I get per 64 guns 94 70 etc.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sometimes searches appear desperate to provide "results" even if they aren't relevant or correct.

This was found during a search - not sure if its true and this fine used part was $50

Rare Winchester Model 64 Carbine / Rifle Tall Sight Hood Original Vintage Pre-64

Original and guaranteed authentic Winchester sight hood made by Winchester for model 64 carbines or rifles with ramp front sight. All model 64 Winchesters were made before 1964. Even though the Winchester 64 shares many similarities to the model 94, the model 64 hood is taller than the hood supplied with the pre-64 model 94 Winchesters. The hood will fit a pre-64 model 94, but it will be taller and may be an advantage to some who prefer more space around the sight. The hood you see in the photos is the hood that you will receive. Please view photos for more details. Shipped via USPS first class mail. Tracking will be provided.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charliemeyer007 can't figure out what site you are on so I could look at the sight.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Charlie, found it on e bay, thanks for you help.