In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Colt Junior

rballirballi Member Posts: 770 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
i know this might sound stupid, but after inheriting a colt junior 25acp, the barrel was missing and was unable to find it. then i went to a gun show and purchased one, and was wondering if these barrels are supposed to be rifled or not

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have or shoot one of these? I've got my eye on a 22 Short and a 25acp that I might do a trade on. I've seen the blue book, and I've seen them for sale for more than the blue book, so what is the typical value? The 22 Short says Colt Junior, the 25 says colt automatic. Both are blue with hammers. The 22Short has Medium Walnut grips with an outline. The 25 has real dark or even black walnut grips, both have silver Colt medallions. The mags on both are nickel or chrome, or SS.Any info on functionality would be appreciated. Also, how do you dissassemble these?Roy
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those made by Astra are good quality and shoot well; as I recall, the list price for them was $39.95. I believe they are marked "Made in Spain". The same gun was sold under the Astra name as the Cub for $29.95. To disassemble, lock the slide back, rotate the barrel 90 degrees, slide it forward, rotate it back 90 degrees, and pull it forward from the slide; release the slide and remove it from the front of the frame.I don't know about prices, but I would expect to pay at least $300 for one NIB. And, if I paid that much, I wouldn't be shooting or taking it apart.A later, similar, gun was made by another contractor for Colt. Quality was not as good.Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info! I have to take them apart, (1) because I just want to, and (2) they are thick with gun greaseRoy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    More info on the guns.The Junior in 22 Short has a serial number 62,XXX with a 'CC' at the end and it's made in Spain. I think this one was made 1958-1968. The Colt Automatic in 25acp has a serial number of OD 90,XXX. Any info on the age of the gun would be appreciated. I think the 25 is the one produced between 1970-1973; I'd like to pin them down to a year.Thanks
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Both of these pistols are last year production. According to the charts, the CC was made in 1968, and the OD was made in 1973.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I hope to shoot them today. The 25 is in better condition than the 22S. I never really like the 25's but I'm not sure how the 22S would compare. I might refinish or nickel the 22.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Shot them at noon today. Great little mouse guns. Accurate out to 7yds without a problem. The 25 seems to be a more solid gun. The 22S was accurate but had some feeding problems; my guess is that it's not the gun, but an ammo or magazine problem. I didn't have too much time to mess with the lips and follower. The safety on the guns seems to be a trigger block only and a magazine disconnect. Can these guns safely be carried with one in the chamber, hammer down on safe? Or, does the pin become exposed when the hammer is down?