In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Mr. Neal from Savage, Md.

spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Dear Neal, Least year my wife and I talked to you about the C&R license in which I got the C&R license about four to five months ago. And I was thinking about getting a Model 1927 Argentine 45ACP, and was told by a gunshop that I must have a pistol license to get one. What are they talking about? I thought if something is a C&R weapon, I can get it without going through the dealers.Any help would be welcome. And once more thanks for talking to me and my wife about the C&R.Robert

Comments

• Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ah, Catch 22 again!Yes, Federal law says that your C&R license makes it legal for you to buy a C&R anywhere in the country. However, states may impose additional requirements. The Maryland State Police have administratively determined that we also need to submit MSP Form 77R1 (Application to Purchase a Pistol or Revolver) for all handgun transfers, at a cost of $10. This allows them to repeat the same background check completed when you applied for your C&R license, obviously a waste of time and money. It also allows them to keep an unofficial "handgun registry". This could be eliminated legislatively or by executive order; in Maryland, that is wishful thinking.Your best bet is to order the .45 from a distributor in another state. It will legally be delivered to your door, plus it will probably cost less. You will also save the $10 fee and the 5% sales tax.Neal[This message has been edited by nmyers@home.com (edited 11-16-2001).]
  • Options
    poshposh Member Posts: 360 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Be careful. Read the thick blue book of state laws that BATF should have sent you. See page 152 (22nd edition) where Section 445A(a)(1) appears to require that most handguns bought from a licensed, out of state dealer go through a licensed Maryland dealer. Section 445B appears to make handguns acquired in violation of this section subject to seizure and Section 449(f) appears to provide for a big fine and imprisonment for violations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Be careful. Read the thick blue book of state laws that BATF should have sent you. See page 152 (22nd edition) where Section 445A(a)(1) appears to require that most handguns bought from a licensed, out of state dealer go through a licensed Maryland dealer. Section 445B appears to make handguns acquired in violation of this section subject to seizure and Section 449(f) appears to provide for a big fine and imprisonment for violations.
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    edited November -1
  • Options
    IconoclastIconoclast Member Posts: 10,515 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dontcha jest luv it when the server is slow to move you to the next screen even though it stores each 'submit reply' command when you think it is ignoring you? What gumby wrote that code, anyway?