In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RIA M1911

Mike66Mike66 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Hello all.I am looking at buying a Rock Island Armory M1911A1. All I know is that it if Philipino made and basicly Mil-Spec, except the wooden grips. hoping to get some opinions and any information anyone might have. Thanks Much.

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The metal is not milspec on the parts I have seen.
  • Options
    Mike66Mike66 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the input. I just read an article on it and it said that they are remanufactured and the parts are not matched, just what ever they grab. Think I'll pass on it and spend a bit more and pick up something else. Found a Springfield V10, a HK USP45, and a Glock 21 all at the same place. Tough choice but either way it'll be worth the extra $$$.
  • Options
    XracerXracer Member Posts: 1,990
    edited November -1
    If you're looking for a well made M1911A1 shooter, try the Argentine Systema 1927. Arsenal refurbished '27s were selling a short time ago in the $250 range.These guns were made in Argentina under Colt license and supervision, on Colt machinery.The ones I've seen and shot, were in every way equivalent to pre-WWII Colt commercial models.