In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.410 Auto's or Pumps?

interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
O.K. now, wake up you vast bastions of knowledge. Are there currently any manufacturers producing auto's or pumps in .410? If so what are your suggestions?Gun control is hitting your target !!

Comments

• Options
    competentonecompetentone Member Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Saiga (essentially an AK) for the semi-auto.Mossberg "Home Defense" for the pump.(Edit note: And Winchester is making a .410 with three 000 buckshot per round.)[This message has been edited by competentone (edited 11-15-2001).]
  • Options
    steven mobbssteven mobbs Member Posts: 234 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i have a mossberg pump vent rib double bead very clean bought used--i think they still sell these at wally-world
  • Options
    roundballroundball Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remington makes the model 1100 semi-auto in .410...(and .28 & 20...I shoot them on and off all year long...excellent shotgums for the money;If you want one for occasional use, maybe consider a single shot New England model...
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I HAVE A REMINGTON 870 EXPRESS 410 PUMP NIB LISTED ON THIS SITE. REMINGTON ALSO MAKE A 1100 SPORTING CLAYS 410. ALSO A 410 FIELD GRADE . THE 1100 RUN OVER $500.00
  • Options
    leeblackmanleeblackman Member Posts: 5,303 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't forget about lever action.Have you seen Winchester's new 9410 lever action shotgun. Looks just like their Model 94 Lever action rifles.
  • Options
    prebanfanprebanfan Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Leeblackman............what is going price on the 410 lever action. I really like the sound of that.
  • Options
    gd714gd714 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    List price is 531.00.Looks real good and might be my next gun to add to my collection!
  • Options
    gd714gd714 Member Posts: 36 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The patterns you want. The Model 9410's cylinder bore produces essentially full choke patterns at 25 yards. Percentages are within the ideal range for .410 performance with small game (like hunting cottontails using beagles, shown at top of page), shooting clay targets and even upland hunting at conservative distances. With Foster-type rifled slugs, the Model 9410 gives very acceptable groups out to 50 yards, ideal for dispatching coyotes or other larger varmints. Click the image above to purchase a Model 9410 Shotgun on-line. Model 9410 Shotgun Wins "Shotgun of the Year." Fun. Pure Fun. Hunting cottontails or squirrels. Shooting a round of skeet. Chasing deep-woods grouse. Or training a new shooter with a lever. Whatever you use your Model 9410 shotgun for, it's certain to be more fun than you can ever remember. The Model 9410 is the first production Model 94 action chambered in .410 bore. And it's the first lever action .410 in just about . . . forever. With the Model 9410 you get everything that makes the Model 94 famous. A smooth, quick action. Natural lines and pointability. The solid feel of mechanical simplicity. Plus you get advanced features like the ACE system (Angle Controlled Eject). It's a new extractor/ejector design that ejects virtually any 2-1/2" shotgun shell with the same, positive force, no matter how slow or fast you open the action. The Model 9410 has the versatility to handle the factory 2-1/2" loads you like: light target loads, bird shot loads and even rifled slugs. And of course recoil is light and comfortable for any shooter, young or old. Not only does the design have over 100 years of proven reliability behind it, the Model 9410 is the first Model 94 action that was tested and proven with thousands of rounds shooting clay targets. In fact, shooting it is so much fun, everyone in the company wanted to be part of the testing team. Fun is what the Model 9410 is all about. The Model 9410 is designed to effectively handle a full range of 2-1/2" factory loads for everything from small game (target and game loads) to larger varmints (rifled slugs), making it one of the most versatile combination guns ever. At first glance you'll think it's a Model 94r rifle. But it's a shotgun inside: fitted with a smoothbore barrel and chambered to handle all current factory 2-1/2" .410 bore shotgun loads, including Foster-type rifled slugs (a handy idea for larger varmints). With the variety of shotshells and slugs available today, the Model 9410 may be the most versatile combination gun ever. The unique sight system features an easy-to-align TRUGLOr front sight combined with a modified shallow "V" adjustable rear sight. The rear sight offers a clearer field of view for fast, shotgun-style shooting. With its walnut straight grip stock and traditional forearm you get handling and pointability that`s simply perfect for fast moving game. Due to its tubular magazine design you have a full nine shots at the ready. New Model 9410 ShotgunSpecifications Item Number Bore Barrel Length Chamber Choke Overall Length Nominal Length of Pull Nominal Drop at Comb Nominal Drop at Heel Nominal Weight (lbs.) Sugg. Retail 514-001056 410 24" 2-1/2" Cyl.* 42-1/8" 13-1/2 1-1/8" 1-7/8" 6-3/4 $531 Notes: Total capacity is 10 including one in the chamber. Magazine capacity may be reduced to eight with some brands and types of ammunition. * Although the barrel is choked cylinder bore, patterns at 25 yards should be considered approximately "full choke" for .410 shotguns. Suggested retail prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice. Designed for modern, factory 2-1/2" loads only. Suggested retail prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.Home Catalog Model 94
  • Options
    prebanfanprebanfan Member Posts: 75 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Although the barrel is choked cylinder bore, patterns at 25 yards should be considered approximately "full choke" for .410 shotguns. That sentence made no sense to me. What would a full choke pattern look like at 25 yards? What about a modified? Anybody see where I am coming from? Maybe I am just missing something. Can anybody explain this to me.