In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

MR. Neal.

spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Thanks for the info. The post was lock out because of more then 10 post. I reread the State Laws and Published ordinances from the BATF. It does not say that you must have another licence to buy C&R pistols. As for the other person that post a reply. Here is the 447 from page 152, Anitque or unserviceable firearm excepted. The provisions of this subtitle shall not be construed to include any antique or unserviceable firearms sold or transferred and/or held as curios or museum pieces. The Argentine Model 1927 and the Ballester Molina is C&R pistols.Thanks for your helpRobert

Comments

• Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Robert, you are correct, there is no other license required to buy a C&R or any other handgun. However, there IS a requirement that either a dealer or Maryland State Police complete & submit an Application to Purchase a Regulated Firearm (Form 77R-1 & 77R-2). Do not depend upon the "antique" definition: Sect 441 defines that as a firearm made before 1899 (the same as federal law).No mention of C&R holders is made in the Maryland law. If you interpret it one way, and MSP interprets it differently, well, we know whose opinion will count. So, the recommendation that you be cautious is good advice.Neal
  • Options
    spec.4spec.4 Member Posts: 897 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. How do I go about doing the paper works? Since I do not have the pistol yet, do I buy the pistol then do the paper work? Do I take it to a FFL Dealer when I get it, then have them do it. How does that work? I do not understand how to go about this hump.ThanksRobert
  • Options
    nmyers@home.comnmyers@home.com Member Posts: 205 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Robert, there is no need to tie up forum space with the explanation. Please email me and I will discuss it with you.Nealnmyers@home.com