In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Belgium double bbl.

mr.big-amr.big-a Member Posts: 21 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Would like info and value of a A.Francotte maker of Liege Belgium. This a VL&A special trap grade double bbl. 12 ga.all engraved and in beautiful tight shape, 2 full chokes.I am seriously interested in this gun and would hope some one can help me on it.Thanks, Jerry

Comments

• Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are so many of these Francottes and they are all big bucks. You don't mention if it is a box lock or a side lock, or a model number. I'm assuming it is a side by side double; Francotte also made over and unders.The box locks are the least expensive, they run, depending on condition and grade from %2500 to $5500, the side locks from $8000 to $10,000. These were imported by Abercrombie and Fitch and the model numbers assigned by A&F do not neccessarily correspond to the manufacturers number. Sorry to be vague but really require more info.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Actually the Auguste Francotte was imported by several importers, the most recent being Armes De Chasse. The fact that the one you are looking at is a VL&O means it was imported sometime from the early 1900's up to just before WWII.They are he$$-for-expensive. You are not going to get a box-lock for less than $7000-$8000, and a side-lock for less than $13,000 - $15,000.Be aware that like some of the premium Italian shotguns, that there are some fakes out there. Pull the barrels and look on the water table. If you don't see either the "crown" over the "AF" or "Francotte Choke Bore" (one or the other)- then something is fishy in Denmark.
  • Options
    john carrjohn carr Member Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the auction on ***************. There are two box locks, sound like beautiful shotguns for under $5000. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I stand corrected. The only ones I have ever seen have been at the shows in Savannah. Those types of shotguns are waaaaay out of my means. I watched a couple of tables and they would not budge on the price.Perhaps with this and other auction sites that will all be changing.