In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

bersa 380...any good??

gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Looking at a Bersa .380 Thunder as a an alternate carry. Any input on this gun? Good, bad, dependable? Or any other similar type of pistol that is recommended as an alternate carry for ~$250.I sometimes get tired of lugging around a full size .45ACP, let alone trying to conceal it without giving myself away, and sometimes want to give myself a break with a smaller gun.I realize that a .380 will have alot of arguments about stopping power, but rather have that than nothing at all. I think some of you know what I am talking about.As always, your inputs are always helpful in my decision making. Thanks, GD

Comments

• Options
    oneshyoneshy Member Posts: 417
    edited November -1
    My brother has a Bersa and has never had any problem with it. It's not built to take to the range every day but it is reliable for carry. I personally like the Tokarev in 7.62x25. I have chronographed it at 1750fps It is very thin but about the same length as a 45 and half the weight. I have recently seen some gun sites and auctions that lead me to believe that the Polish TT33 is now plentiful. I bought one on the GB auction. The bulgarian Makarov might also be considered. I bought the Beretta 32ACP about 3yr ago for 250 and it is a true pocket pistol, about the size of a wallet and many man. make holsters for it. I carry mine naked in my back pocket. [This message has been edited by oneshy (edited 11-14-2001).]
  • Options
    j2k22j2k22 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    gundummygundummy Member Posts: 254
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys,I think I need to look at this a little more because I just saw a CZ83 that looks good also. I too have a bunch of toys that I sometimes forget I have. I do know that I don't have a .380 or .32 auto. Any other suggestions would be nice. Thanks again, GD
  • Options
    blackgunblackgun Member Posts: 49 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check out Kel-Tec's P32.7+1 rd.Weighs 6.6 oz.empty.Reliable,accurate,highly concealable and You can get an optional belt clip that mounts on gun.So small and light I sometimes forget I have it on me.
  • Options
    The SandmanThe Sandman Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi- I have a Bersa Thunder 380 in my nightstand which I also sometimes carry, I personally think 380 is a good caliber as I would only be using it in a close incounter away from home or in my home. I don't want something that could go through my walls and maybe injure an innocent person outside ot next door also it is easy to control and the double action feature helps generate speed when needed for that important first round. At the range it does very well on the paper at 50 feet, I think you would like it. It's not that I don't like larger calibers as I also have 45,357 and 44 Mag in my battery, but that is not what your question was. Hope this input was more in line with what you asked. Enjoy !! Darrell Sanderson