In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Info on Steyr CISM Match Rifle?

kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Its a truly awsome looking rifle, 23.5" Barrel, Fully adjustable match trigger, Stock fully adujstable for length of pull and cheek peice, Match Diopler sights, and combination mounting rail for SSG Rings, laminated stock with adjustable hand stop, 10 round detachable mag!... My question is: Its chambered for the 7.5 X 55 and the ad says it uses .308 Diameter Bullet ... is that possiable?... Second Question: How hard is it to come by Swiss 7.5 X 55 ammo and or components?
GUN CONTROL: If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.

Comments

• Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,962 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that 7.62mm is .308 inch so it is pretty close. Don't have the books here so I cannot look up 7.5 x 55, but if you want to e-mail me a mailing address, I will send along what the Cartridges of the World has to say, and take a look in the Wild Cat book as well.As for the rifle, all I can tell you is that my Steyr mod. 96 SBS is the best built, best triggered off the shelf rifle I own, bar none. The factory trigger is as good as the $80 Timney I have on the Rugers.
  • Options
    Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes,it uses a .308 diameter bullet. If you load the 150gr. bullet you can equal the ballistics of the .308 Winchester.
  • Options
    MAD DAWGMAD DAWG Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    KimberKid Sorry, I clicked the wrong link. See my response much further up under 7.5x55.Best.....!