In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Bolt Removal - Marlin 336 ?

The SandmanThe Sandman Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I once had a site bookmarked in my favorites that was lost in a computer crash and have no been able to relocate it. It showed the bolt and trigger assy removal on a 336. I have one that has some pitting on the outside and I would like to disassemble it prior to polishing. Can any one help me with locating this site? It had sreat pictures and easy to follow instructions. Thanks for the help. Darrell "The Sandman" Sanderson.Replys can be made here or my email address is dlscas@earthlink.net Thanks Again

Comments

• Options
    luger01luger01 Member Posts: 230 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't know about the site, but removing the bolt is very simple on the Marlins. Simply remove the screw holding the action lever in place while the bolt is open (the lever will be forward). Slide the lever down, out of the receiver. The bolt will then slide back and out. Only sticky point - the ejector is loose in the receiver and can fall out now (it is held in a recess by the bolt). Pick out the ejector and remeember where it goes. You will place it back in the recess and hold it down while sliding the bolt back in, past the ejector. To complete the reassembly, slide the lever bac into the received until it contact the bolt. Replace the screw and you're done.
  • Options
    The SandmanThe Sandman Member Posts: 54 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    luger01 - Thank you very much, you have given me all I need. Thanks AgainThe Sandman