In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lasermax?

profind1profind1 Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
Will they help in accuracy?.......do they work?.......reliable or can I expect it to break after 100 rounds?......thinking of one for a sig 228..............eyes are getting lousy.............ps...what's a good price for one?......thanks stan

Comments

• Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As far as lasers go, I think the Lasermax is the best of the lasers. The fact that they fit internally is their greatest plus. They need no special holsters and have nothing hanging off the gun. I have a Lasermax in a Beretta M92 and find it a lot of fun to use. It works as designed. Where the red dot is, the bullet strikes. There is some controversy whether it is good to rely on a laser or not, but it may well help someone with bad eyesight.As far as I know, the Lasermaxes are very durable, and fully guaranteed. Lasermax claims to have sold 100,000. If they were not good, they would not have sold that many. The price has recently been reduced. I think you will be very happy with one. Check out the Lasermax website for more information.
  • Options
    4000fps4000fps Member Posts: 786 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey they are great and alot of fun. Just bought my second one for a Beretta 96. Had one on a Sig 229 for about two years now. They work, they last, and they are fun. Life time warranty. See user here or Ebay smittywee.....295.00 + 15.00 shipping for almost any model and he's a great guy.LaserMax for All Glock Sig Beretta 1911 Etc! $295 Item #2394444 You won't find one any cheaper.[This message has been edited by 4000fps (edited 11-18-2001).]
  • Options
    oldsoldiersneverdieoldsoldiersneverdie Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    If the laser repleces the guide rod, how do you activate/deactivate the unit?
  • Options
    bradf111bradf111 Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't count on laser to "improve accuracy". It only shows where bullet should go when properly adjusted. May help with poor eye sight to aquire target more rapidly, but accuracy rests on how steady your hand is. Slightest movement and laser dot moves also. Great for FAST coming on target, as used in PD or military, but don't bet life on it as laser is only as good as battery. Can be much fun to play with.
  • Options
    DiabloDiablo Member Posts: 251 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a lasermax in my Glock 29 one week after I bought it. As a matter of fact it was in when I fired my first round out of it. I current have 600 rounds through my glock with no problems.Its a cool, money well spent.It actually stopped a confrontation from turning bloody. The pulsating beam is very intimidating. The agressor took off in a big hurry....must have had to change his pants.
  • Options
    Gene B.Gene B. Member Posts: 892 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I heard that crimson trace makes very good lasers, and they fit in your grip, and is very small, and they do make them for Sig. At www.crimsontrace.com they said there lasers where the most powerful that federal law and science allow or something like that