In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Kahr Pistols ?

MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
What is the consensus here on GB about the Kahr handgun line ? Good, bad or ugly. I have read some great reviews on these.

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Very good. Especially the .40 S&Ws.
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Expensive, high quality, well-fitted, very heavy for their size, limited magazine capacity compared to lighter and less expensive competition.
  • Options
    erictheredericthered Member Posts: 244 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have the MK 9 and MK 40 and they are absolutely great. I find them very dependable and very, very accurate. I tested both with a variety of ammo and they shoot everything, which is a little unusual for an automatic. Takes a little getting used to the smooth trigger pull, but its worth the practice. They fit my lab shirt pocket perfectly, so I can go anywhere and have the gun in my hand. I have found by experience, that if its not in your hand, its too late. They are heavy steel, but I'm not worried about that. I spent years trying different guns, and I am firmly settled in the MKs' and the Ruger SP 101 357 magnum. I also have night tritium sights on my MK 40 and it is worth it since half of every day is night.Hope that helpsEric
  • Options
    AlerionAlerion Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a K-40 Elite 98. It's my personal favorite carry gun (but I only have 18 to choose from!)Very high quality gun in the same price range as a Glock. Probably the best factory trigger pull I've experienced on a a handgun. This is even considering that the Elite has a shorter, heavier pull than the standard models, it's still excellent.Weight is a downside for carrying but an advantage for actually shooting the gun. The weight and the low centerline of the barrel keep the perceived recoil down where it's quite manageable. For a short barreled, short sight radius gun it's surprisingly accurate.A good IWB holster (I have a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2) will keep the gun from moving around when you carry it and negate most of the weight problem.Tom
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
  • Options
    dannejdannej Member Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I agree with the other comments about this pistol. However, be warned that they will shoot out of battery! When this happened to mine it blew the extractor off and rendered the gun usless. It was repaired at the factory at no cost to me.
  • Options
    oldsoldiersneverdieoldsoldiersneverdie Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've been trying to get a KP9090 (9mm polymer body w. black slide) and none of my local dealers can lay a hand on a new one. Any ideas?
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum (don't let the bastards get you down).
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oldsoldiers I think that translates as "Don't let the bast**** wear you down."
  • Options
    oldsoldiersneverdieoldsoldiersneverdie Member Posts: 43 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Poetic license!
    Illigitimi Non Carborundum (don't let the bastards get you down).
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I may be able to get you one. Send me your email address. Send to jmarino69@hancock.net.I am a dealer.
  • Options
    AlerionAlerion Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Oldsoldiers,You may also want to check out youngsguns auctions on gunbroker.com. He always seems to have a supply of Kahrs.Tom
    Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.