In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

For AntiqueDr

seamusseamus Member Posts: 96 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
In your answer to a previous post about a replacement sight for the Mini 14, you mentioned that you favor the Ashley Ghost-Ring sight (which I have read is quite good). I am also looking for replacement sights (for both my Mini 14 and H&K USC), so would you please comment on my thinking in that regard? I have only seen the Ashley Ghost-Ring sight in magazines. However, I do not think it can be easily adjusted for windage and elevation, as the M-1 carbine sight can be, for example. But is this an imporant consideration for my purposes? My use for the Mini 14 and H&K USC will be to reach targets up to about 100 meters. And at ranges from 10-100 meters, I do not think such adjustments are necessary. Can you, or anyone else, comment on this? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    AntiqueDrAntiqueDr Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I based my recommendation on your criteria that you wanted something other than a "fragile target sight." The Ashley Ghost-Ring will fit that description. Also, within the range parameters you now specify, the Ashley will work perfectly without adjustment.
    We buy, sell and trade quality guns and scopes!Ask us about Shepherd Scopes!Visit our website at www.ApaxEnterprises.com