In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Richland Arms Model 230 SxS 20 ga ??

clyd2704clyd2704 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2001 in Ask the Experts
I can not find this gun in the 22d Edition of Blue Book of Gun Values. The gun I have found is a model 230 and is going for $100 but it has a badly cracked Englis Style Stock and a broken trigger guard. The rest of the gun is mint, it has 26in bbl's. Any idea if it is worth it and will I be able to find a stock?

Comments

• Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Richland Arms Company in Blissfield, Michigan were importers and lasted about 20 years, they went out of business in 1986. They imported Spanish and Italian shotguns.The model 200 and 202 is listed in Gun Trader's Guide, (20th Edition) but no model 230. They were not expensive shotguns - generally retailing for under $300 new.
  • Options
    clyd2704clyd2704 Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info AdamsQuailHunter. Do you have any idea where I may find an English Style Stock for this gun? I can buy it for $90 now. I was successful in talking him down quite a bit.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    Let's just cut to the chase...The Richland, even in perfect shape, is nothing more than a tool. Value would be hard pressed to go much above $200.00 or so.Your gun with the damage noted... Do you have any idea of what it costs to restock a gun properly? (And that's if you can find the correct stock!) Throw the thing in the junk and buy an inexpensive Stevens. Better yet, buy a quality gun and enjoy it for the rest of your life! I'd highly recommend a Red Label.Happy Thanksgiving!