In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10/22 Question

garandfangarandfan Member Posts: 271 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a ruger 10/22 and i shot it a bit this weekend. One thing I noticed is that the bolt does not stay open after the last round is fired. is this normal for this gun? I never really paid attention to it before...but I want to know if this is something that I need to fix before doing anything else to it.

"The only way American citizens can adequately be protected from terror and violence is when" those in authority protect us from those who would harm us, instead of protecting us from ourselves.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hi
    I was wondering how you take the front sight off the barrel on a ruger 10/22. I drove out the blade, but is the base permanently attached? Dont wanna start pounding on it if its not going anywhere.
    Thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there any changes that you can make to a 10/22 that allows the bolt to hold open after the last shot? Thanks.

"To be prepared for War is one of the most
    effectual means of preserving peace"-George Washington
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a simple question on cleaning a 10/22. Wanted to give mine a thorough cleaning and remove the bolt. According to the manual this is simple, my question is how do you "drift out the bolt stop pin" Mine
    seems to be stuck solid! I used Remington Oil to soak it but that did not work. Any tips or hints as always are well appreciated.

Thanks as always,

Greasy
  • Options
    edited November -1
    is my 10/22 bolt suposed to stay open after the last shot? could it be the mag I have a 30 and a factory 10. Also with the 30 it tends to jam every so often but not the factory
  • Options
    bmxrcbmxrc Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check into rimfirecentral.com All Sort of 10/22 info...