In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

list of pre-ban

D@DD@D Member Posts: 4,407
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
where can i find a list of pre ban and post ban rifles?

Comments

• Options
    FrancFFrancF Member Posts: 35,278 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check your states (Your state.Gov) it.s a pain some times ATF and your state will have sub sections etc. But start with your state site first
    most likely it will go back to the ATF's site for def. I downloaded the one for CA. Big Mistake about 300 pages. for the in general laws.
    some states will send you a copy for a small fee as well.

FF
  • Options
    edited November -1
    oops forgot they whon't give you a list of pre-ban Just dates &what makes them legal IE suppressors,lugs, clips, etc
    hope that helps.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Not So, No offence,But to my understanding

Example: I have an M1A that was baught before 1982 to make it CA legal, you will need to remove the flash suppressor with the B-lug
    and you can install the CA legal muzzle brake.

and it will become a CA legal M1A. It will be identical to the CA legal M1A sold by springfield.

Ar-15's and Varents Bushmaster DPMS etc. are Illegal in Ca Bought or sold
    However DOJ PC code Section 12285 Restricts the use of registered weapons (preban).

In Nevada whole differant thing~ As I under stand it.
    CA has a list for OUR state, I have a copy. UZI's AK, Some SKS's all AR's

Edited by - FrancF on 10/26/2002 20:06:23
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I konw what you mean SAX. talk about spliting hairs for gun laws! I guess that was the point I was trying to make, My M1 Garand is Leagle Lug and all, But my M1A Is not?? Beacuse of a clip?

Stupid Law makers,

"it's like Banning Baseball bats" Wood is ok but Alum. is not. Depending on your state, team, race, color, relig. etc.

FF
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Go to biggerhammer.net.
    cpermd
  • Options
    JudgeColtJudgeColt Member Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The misinformation on "pre-ban" firearms continues as illustrated by this thread.

An "assault weapon" is a centerfire rifle with the ability to accept removable magazines and two or more of certain "forbidden" features, such as a "conspiciously protruding pistol grip," bayonet lug, flash hider, collapsible or folding stock, grenade launcher (!), etc..

If a centerfire semi-automaitc rifle with a removable magazine was in an "assault weapon" configuration before September 13, 1994 (NOT just a bare receiver made before 9-13-94), it can still be modified now in any way desired with any of the forbidden features in any combination. It does not have to have been configured in a particular way before the ban to allow a particular modification to be made now. One need not prove when the modifying accessories were made.

This is the federal law, and, as stated, some states have different laws that have different restrictions and prohibitions.