In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

indoor range help...

Texan.308Texan.308 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
hi guys, need a little help, because of time constraints i will have to zero my rilfe in a 25yd. indoor range, how far from the bullzeye will i need to be at 25yds to be zeroed in at 100 or 200yds.

Comments

• Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texan308-- There is not enough detail to give an answer, such as caliber, metallic or scope sights, etc. One has to assume by your name that the bullet diameter is 308.

Indoor ranges are a poor place to sight in hunting rifles with metallic sights. The lighting is totally different from what you will experience in the field.

Rafter-S

Edited by - Rafter-S on 10/27/2002 22:26:54
  • Options
    Texan.308Texan.308 Member Posts: 24 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    rafter thanks, i have a .280 that is dead on at 200yds that is my hunting rifle, this my "toy" and it will be a scoped .308 rifle with a 20 inch barrel, i was just wondering if i need to be about an inch low or so at 25yds to be dead on at 100yds. appreciate the info.
  • Options
    Rafter-SRafter-S Member Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Texan308-- Please note I edited my first reply. After seeing it in print, it looked "snippy" and came across not in the spirit I intended. If you are offended, please accept my apologies.

But on your evdevors of a 25 yard sight-in, I don't think I ever saw any data showing what you are looking for. I do know a lot of guys (me included) who zero their rifles at 100 or 200 yards, then they shoot at 25 yards to see where the point of impact is.

Maybe someone else will have some data they might share with you. I will watch this post because you now have my interest.

Good luck,
    Rafter-S