In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Marlin 1881

lawmannlawmann Member Posts: 161 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have an 1881 Marlin 38-55, ser# 16653 with a "double set trigger". I have not been able to find any info on it or find any other gun like it. Can you provide any info? Thanks, Steve

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Hello

I have a Marlin 1881(DOM 1884) that is missing the "elevator" under the rear sight. Any ideas on where to get a old or new replacement or any one know of a gunsmith that could make one?

thanks

Jim
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I just bought a Marlin 1881 in caliber .45-70. It has a 27 inch octagon barrel and is in very excellent, original condition. There is no marking on the barrel as to caliber, nor on the frame. Is this normal for a Marlin like this? It is definitely a .45-70 caliber because I tested a round in the tube feed and loading into the chamber. Berg.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Lawman, you might call American Antique Arms @775-265-7009. Frank Higginson is the man to ask for. I am not sure how many parts they have for Marlin's, but I sure Frank could point you in the right direction. Hope this helps.

Mark T. Christian