In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

rcbs partner press, is it any good???

mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
midway has it for $113.99 and it is in my price range. i'm just starting out, and need something simple, and of good quality.

i will be working with the following cal.

22-250
7mm-08
357 sig

the sig will be a tapered crimp, will this be a problem???
thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    mustang, Try your best to add 116.00 to your budget and get the master reloading kit! The press is better, the scales are better(understatement) and you get absolutely everything you need to startup!! If you go with the Partner kit you will find yourself wanting to add to or change something and you will end up spending more money in the long run! Been at it a long time and seen it more than once!!! If you have any other questions about starting out give me a call!! GHD
  • Options
    mballaimballai Member Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd agree with this. I use a different press, but I really like RCBS stuff and have quite a bit of it. I started with a cheapo kit when I began reloading and virtually nothing I got then is currently in use.

Three Precious Metals: Gold, silver and lead
  • Options
    mustangmustang Member Posts: 615 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for replying to my ?'s.
    i did a little home work on the rock chucker reloading kit. it looks good. one guy was complaining that the primer tool was not working very good on his. have any of you had this trouble?
    i also did alittle price checking. midway seems to be the place to get it. 229.95. bas pro wants 349.99, item # 38-668-871-00. that is the highest i've seen, and as for as i can tell its the same kit. if its not please let me know. for its 120bucks more!!!
    thanks
  • Options
    EducatorEducator Member Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    That is Midway's sale price...if your going to act, act now...that is the best price I have seen in the last year. I too have been shopping for one and as of yet I don't have the room to justify the money.
    that is a great price though.

"When in doubt...whip it out!"
  • Options
    The firearms consultantThe firearms consultant Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Mustang, Don't worry about the priming on the Rock Chucker. But a Lee Auto Prime. Its the one Lee product that can't be beat for the money. You can prime large and small primers sitting in you favorite chair.
    John

I might not always tell you the truth, but I will never lie to you!
  • Options
    groundhog devastationgroundhog devastation Member Posts: 4,495
    edited November -1
    Mustang, That's the best price on the kit I've seen in a long time! Take firearms consultants advice and buy a Lee priming tool. Hand priming is easier to stay consistent with primer seating than using the press. When I started and for a long time thereafter I used the press to seat primers but now I'd never go back!! GHD
  • Options
    yankswinyankswin Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i use the rock chucker kit and highly recommend it. the priming tube is as good as the installer. dont compromise, this kit is the benchmark for beginners and experienced alike, getting involved in reloading. enjoy!