In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

CA Hunting Regs and Benelli Super 90 M1

rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Reading through the California Hunting regulations, it states that for a shotgun, if the magazine is capable of holding more than 3 rounds, a plug must be installed and that the plug must be such that it cannot be removed without disassembling the shotgun.

I have a Super 90 M1 with a 28" barrel and the magazine plug, however, I believe the magazine plug can be removed from the end of the magazine without disassembling the barrel.

Has anyone heard of using the Super 90 for dove or pheasant?

Thanks....

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a super 90 that I sometimes use for hunting. You are right about removing the limiter rod, but you have to take off the threaded end cap to do it, and I think that could be considered dissassembly.
    Iam not sure if you are aware, but the super 90's can be loaded with 4 rnds even with the limiter rod in place, but thats illegal.
  • Options
    rsnyder55rsnyder55 Member Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks. For some reason I thought it would only hold three. I thought it would be a good shotgun for dove and pheasant.