In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Adams & Bennett .308 barrel -any good?

HAEDPULLERHAEDPULLER Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any information regarding Adams & Bennett barrels? I just got a heavy- fluted- 24 inch stainless .308 barrel thats getting fitted to a Mauser action and wondered what to expect as far as possible group size. Do Adams & Bennett barrels have a good reputation? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    OleDukOleDuk Member Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    HP--check the post dated 10/12/2002 @ 21:49:01 by groundhog devastation on this topic.
    OleDuk
  • Options
    MobuckMobuck Member Posts: 13,809 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have 3 A&B barrels on Mausers and find them adequate for hunting. I haven't made any attempt to extract absolute accuracy from any of them but have no problem getting under moa from hunting loads. 25/06, 7x57, and 338/06

Mobuck
  • Options
    hornethornet Member Posts: 262 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have built 3 or 4 mauser rifles useing A & B barrels. All have done quite well for hunting rifles. One calaiber that relay supprized me was the 35 Wheelen I built for my brother. He shot a 3 shot group at 200 yards and all three bullet holes were touching. I know this is an exseption but my brother still has that target and shoes eveyone at his range. I also got good accurecy out of a 300 Win mag and a 30.06. I have not used one of there varmit barrels yet so I can't commet on them.
    Hornet