In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

very old german Haenel pistol found in basement !

bullrodschwed2000bullrodschwed2000 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Hi, my father was a USA MP in the 1940's I guess. I had heard he used to collect weapons from the enemy. He has passed away & I have found 1
interesting pistol in the basement.
It says made in germany.
Made by Haenel Mod 100 DRP
II 3 36
O or 0
It has a ring below where you hold the gun. Not sure what that is for. The nozzle opening seems very small for a bullet to come out.
Could it be a bee bee gun?
But why would the germans carry bee bee guns during the war? lol
Any idea what this thing could be worth & do they even make ammo for it anymore? lol
I could not find any mention of it on the net, though there is mention of Haenel rifles and such.
Regards.

Comments

• Options
    martzkj@msn.commartzkj@msn.com Member Posts: 582 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, I know nothing about your gun. However, here is what the book reads. Established in 1840, this company began to manufacture semi-automatic pistols after Hugo Schmeisser joined the firm in 1921 as its cheif engineer. They list two models. A model 1,2. The model 1 is a 6.35mm caliber semi pistol with a 2.48" barrel, striked fired, a 6-shot mag. and the left side of the slide is stamped C.G.Haenel Suhl-Schmeisser Patent. Each grip panel is marked HS in an oval. Model two same as above only shorter and lighter in weight. Schmeisser is molded into the grips.
  • Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you a little about it--it is a .25 Auto, and if in good condition should be safe to shoot. DRP are initials for what, in German, would be the same as "Reg. U.S. Pat. Office" means over here; that it was patented in Germany. The nozzle is usually called a muzzle, and the part you hold is usually called the grip or butt. The little loop is for a lanyard, which is a cord usually about the size of a thick shoelace which attaches to the person carrying the pistol, usually around the shoulder or to the belt, that prevents them from losing it. It could be worth as much as $400 in pristine conditon, but the value drops rapidly for lesser conditon to about $200 for one in 70% of original condition. Haenel is still in business, but today manufactures airguns (fairly expensive!).
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    DRP 100 This leaving me wondering just what you have..I own two HAENEL made SCHMIESSER Pistols...both Model 1 and Model 2...Nither one has a Lanyard Ring attached to the Butt of the Magazine Well, as there is'nt any room to attach or Mill one on the Frame...If you could or would submit a Photo of this Gun it would sure help clear up the mystery..
    Both of my Little Pistols are Marked thus..
    On the Side with the saftey is stamped on one line C.G.HAENEL SUHL- SCHMEISSER'S PATENT and on the opposite side on the FRAME is STAMPED the Serial Number and the German Crown over the letter N.....All I need is a Photo to figure out what it is that you have....You might find this of some small interest...One of my Little Pistols is Engraved on the Right Side of the Slide..KAPITAN LEUTNANT W. FALKENBERG U-340...I await your pleasure......

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    Almost forgot...GMBL is the German Term for Inc. and DRGM is the abrevation for Deutsches Reichs-Gerrauchs Muster which means {German registered design}...and another thought comes to mind...You said your gun was made in Germany...Is it stamped with that designation? just how many Guns came out of Germany saying MADE in GERMANY...? Only those that were Exported Prior to and after the cessation of Hostilites come to mind....Hmmmmmm

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff