In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester Model 1911 SL

NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I've got an old Winchester 1911 SL shotgun and am wondering what collector value it has. It's in decent shape for its age and is a shooter. 12 ga./MOD/28". Is there a market for it? I wouldn't sell it for shooting because I don't think that the way it is cocked is the safest way out there, and it's so old that some parts may just wear out when you least expect it. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    NEEDCOLD,
    Not an expert on Winchester's although I hunt w/ pre 64 Mod. 70's.
    Strictly from books: The Model 1911SL was made between 1911 and 1925.
    Manufactured 82,774. All were 12 Ga, recoil operated with a 26" or 28"
    barrel. Various chokes. All had pistol grip stocks and stocks were laminated birch. Believe the front wood was laminated also. The design was terrible and had to be exclusive of the Browning A-5. Winchester was not interested at the time in Browning's design, which
    Winchester originally had helped John Browning patent.
    Okay, I believe that there is always a collector's interest. My old 16TH Edition of Blue Book of Gun Values shows:
    100% @ $360.00
    10% @ 110.00
    The Blue Book has many variables. I have seen these guns prices usually in the $250.00 range. A 100% gun will definitely demand a collector's premium. Market-Yes, but I really doubt any premium price.
    Again, this was taken from the book. I only responded as you had no takers. Best, 101