In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Parker Bros Double,ID & Value

hitman#1hitman#1 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
The one I have here is 12g, says vulcan steel on barrels, no hammers
#2 on the bottom of barrel lock, doghead buttplate.
please help, I have looked everywhere

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Parker shotgun is one of the finest if not the fines double shotgun ever produced in the US. The 2 you mention indicates the frame size. I believe the Vulcan steel means fluid steel, as opposed to damascus or twist steel barrels. The fluid steel is better. Parker made a Trojan grade that was much cheaper than the other grades. All are collector's items. I would recommend that you do not use, clean or modify the shotgun in any way until you get expert advice. Value of the gun could be in the thousands of dollars. As with all guns, the value depends on the grade and condition.
  • Options
    hitman#1hitman#1 Member Posts: 127 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Herschel, I will try to find someone to look at it
  • Options
    edited November -1
    The Parker shotgun is one of the finest if not the fines double shotgun ever produced in the US. The 2 you mention indicates the frame size. I believe the Vulcan steel means fluid steel, as opposed to damascus or twist steel barrels. The fluid steel is better. Parker made a Trojan grade that was much cheaper than the other grades. All are collector's items. I would recommend that you do not use, clean or modify the shotgun in any way until you get expert advice. Value of the gun could be in the thousands of dollars. As with all guns, the value depends on the grade and condition.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry for the double post.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a collector and shooter of Parker and Fox's I have a limited amount of knowledge. The Vulcan was the first recognized letter grade
    Parker. The Trojan is in a class much lower. As in all collectibles,
    original condition is everything. Herschel called the frame size correctly. Probably stocked with splinter and pg dhbp. What are the length of the barrels and chokes? Bore condition? Action tight? Percent of original blue on barrels and TG. Case colors on action? Have the screws been touched? Percentage of original varnish? Dings in barrels? Wood saturated w/oil? Checkering crisp? Matching No.'s.
    Vulcans go between (in tight shootable condition-.12 Ga) all over the
    place. A picture would help. There is a Parker Gun Collectors Club that has factory letters on most Parkers. Vulcan Steel is shootable w/o
    going the black powder routine. If this gun is for sale and over 98%
    strong original condition, I would pay a very high price. If lesser,
    would not be interested. Still, one of America's best. 101