In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Commemorative Walther P99

bollinebolline Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Commemorative Walther P99 from 2000. It lists for $720 NIB but, of course, has no prices for Exc., Very Good, etc...I did not pay $720 for it. Several hundred less. Only one clip of 9mm rounds were fired through it and there is no sign of use or wear except for some small rubbing near the ejection port where the slide goes back. Has this gun lost any value? It is not NIB anymore. Should I keep it as a collector's item, as is, and not fire it anymore or since it has been fired already can I just continue to use it as a regular firearm? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    As a rule, commemoratives that have ANY visible use are worth no more than the standard version of the gun. Any collector value has been lost, but no point worrying about it. You got the gun for a good price, so shoot it & enjoy it. Keep the packaging, and maybe, just maybe, when you go to sell it you will find someone willing to pay a premium for it. If not, you've lost nothing.

Neal