In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Jennings

djcissedjcisse Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Believe it not but the 5Lb. hammer worked better than the 3Lb. hammer.
But it did come apart.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    How do take the slide off of a jennings J22 pistol. Thanks...
  • Options
    edited November -1
    are the jennings j-22's good plinking gunns
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does Jennings make decent pistols? I found one in a .22 for $50.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    how about a Jennings 9mm ? they seem to be a lil more durable and yes...a lil more in price.. what about a Jimenez ?
  • Options
    CWatsonCWatson Member Posts: 964 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Don't wast you $50.Do a search on this forum for "jennings"and you'll see what I mean.CW

1.Before I got married I spent half my money on women and guns,THE REST I WASTED!

2.KILL EM' ALL AND LET ALLAH SORT EM' OUT!
  • Options
    MikeinScappooseMikeinScappoose Member Posts: 71 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    absolute piece of scrap metal.they'll work for a while,but I'd never trust em to work when needed. Save your money.!
  • Options
    IIISKAREIIKROIIIIIISKAREIIKROIII Member Posts: 252 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    FEW! yeah i was also looking around at some pistols... cant buy them yet but i sure liked the price range. As of now, the top 5 that i would buy would be the beretta 92fs, glock 22 or 18, H&K SOCOM, H&Kusp40 compact, walther p99. But i know these are for the most part good guns, i dont know if i'll be able to get the socom without the FFL, but ive posted a forum asking ppl about that. Yeah def. thanks for showing me the light away from jennings:-P

S.K.
  • Options
    101AIRBORNE101AIRBORNE Member Posts: 1,252 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    IIS,
    Really-No honest dealer, without an export license, subject to your
    laws, is going to sell you an arm. Also, subject to our laws. FYI
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    djcisse,

Many on this board will tell you that Jennings pistols are worthless, I disagree. Many cities have a ban on blackjacks, where gun ownership is allowed. This is a perfect place to have a Jennings. Put it in an old sock, either loaded or not, I probably won't fire anyway, tie a knot in the open end, and just knock the bad guy over the head with it.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    William81William81 Member Posts: 24,600 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are looking for a gun to just shoot and you are not real concerned about safety, reliabilty or the ability to hit the target past 15 feet then it would be fine.

My personal opinion is that five of them in a coffee can full of cement with a rope tied to it makes a great boat anchor...

Save your money and buy something better...JMHO

Guns only have two enemies: Rust and Liberals....
  • Options
    ka11ka11 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Junk, Junk, Junk. You would be better off using the money to bet on a football game.
  • Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    I disagree with all of the above. The Jennings .22 is cheap, fun to shoot, and once you find an ammo brand yours likes (mine lies Remington Golden Bullet HP) it is fairly reliable. Will it jam occasionally? Yes. Will it be a tack driver? No. Will you hit the target at 10, 15 feet? Yes. But what can you expect for so cheap a gun with so short a barrel? Not for self defense by any means but for a day at the range it is fine and I encourage you to get one.

"...hit your enemy in the belly, and kick him when he is down, and boil his prisoners in oil- if you take any- and torture his women and children. Then people will keep clear of you..." -Admiral of the Fleet Lord Fisher, speaking at the Hague Peace Conf
  • Options
    interstatepawnllcinterstatepawnllc Member Posts: 9,390
    edited November -1
    Take your $50.00 and take a sock, fill it up with nickels and you will have a better weapon.

If your gonna be stupid you better be tough !!
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    OK guys, I'll quit with trying with the humor.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.