In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Winchester .22 Long Falling Block

NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I have a Winchester .22 Long Falling Block rifle, round barrel, buckhorn sights, solid. Were they made in smooth-bore or is my barrel shot out? I can stick a .22 shell in the barrel from the muzzle just as easy as from the breech. And there is no rifling, model no's., serial no's., or dates on it. Good shape otherwise.
Any body have any info. or history?

Comments

• Options
    captkirk3@dslextreme.comcaptkirk3@dslextreme.com Member Posts: 3,804
    edited November -1
    A few were made or altered to .22WRF...That would allow the .22 short, Long or long Rifle cartidge to fit into the muzzle..Be interesting to know just what Rifle you have...Can you post a couple of photos?
    The Winchester Single Shot Musket, Low Wall, Solid Frame came with a 28" Barrel and a Full Stock. The U.S. Government purchased a large quantity of these for Training Purpose during WW1...Many of these Rifles were later sold through the DCM to NRA Members for $1.50 each..
    There was also the Winchester Single Shot "WINDER" Musket, High Wall, Came in Solid Frame or Takedown, Military Type Butt Stock and Forearm...Has a Standard Finger Lever......Without a Complete and comprehensive discription or a couple Photos Its gonna be difficult to ascertain just which one you have...

Captain Kirk, Tech Staff
  • Options
    NEEDCOLDNEEDCOLD Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the insight Capt. I'll work on the photos once I swipe the digital camera from work.