In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

broomhandle

rusty1rusty1 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
I HAVE A MAUSER BROOMHANDLE HOW CAN I TELL WHAT KIND IT IS I DON'T KNOW WHAT A C96 OR BOLO IS ITS 7.63 30 CAL.
THANKS RUSTY1

rusty1

Comments

• Options
    rusty1rusty1 Member Posts: 292 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Came across this broom handle, figured I would share it with everyone see if anyone knew anything about it.

Thanks in advance!

Figured it would be easier to post this album instead of try and individually post all the pictures

http://s967.photobucket.com/albums/ae151/rdgshdwe/BROOM HANDLE/
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    There are a number of variations. A photo showing details and markings
    would be best. The 9mm version has a large 9 engraved into the stocks otherwise it's the 30 cal.
  • Options
    Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rusty1,if you can wait until I get home tonight I can probably anawer most of your questions. But, you must realize that there are 30 different models of the Broomhandle and I don't want to answer questions on them without my reference books. In the mean time I will need the serial number and if the magazine is detachable or not. The shape of the hammer is also important, large hole, small hole, cone type ect. These pistols were chambered for three differant cartridges, the 7.63 Mauser (by far the largest number), 9MM Luger and the 9MM Mauser. The C96 is the original design and was made from 1895 to 1930 when the safety was changed. The new safety is marked on the back with the letters NS which are intertwined and almost look like a dollar sign. If your pistol has importers marks it most likely was imported from China in the last 10 or 12 years. The only differance in the Bolo model is the shorter barrel. The Bolo went into production in 1915. If you want more information post the info that I need and I will get back to you. All the best, Scout
  • Options
    RocklobsterRocklobster Member Posts: 7,060
    edited November -1
  • Options
    Iroquois ScoutIroquois Scout Member Posts: 930 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Rocklobster,thank you for posting the link to this excellent web page. They have put a lot of work into it and it shows.