In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

REM 1100/1187??

tooldtoold Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
HI will a rem 1187 barrel fit on a rem 1100
or the other way around ??

thanks for help. DON

DON

Comments

• Options
    nelchrisnelchris Member Posts: 557 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NO THEY ARE NOT INTERCHANGABLE
  • Options
    ka11ka11 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    No, in fact no one makes a barrel that will fit them both.
  • Options
    nonnon Member Posts: 15 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    While the manufacture say's the barrels are not interchangable,I know of multiple skeet/trap shooters that interchange them.I have shot 1187 skeet barrels on 1100's (can't install the shield over the magazine collar/flange as the forearm opening is not large enough to accomodate it). Also shot 1100's with an 1187 sporting clay barrel (same problem). In turn , also have shot 1100 barrels on 11-87. In all of these situiations target (light loads) were used. The basic difference between the 1100 and 1187 is that the 1187 (except on skeet/trap and sporting clays barrels) offers a pressure compensating system which allows the use of 2 3/4 and 3" shells. If you use an 1187 pressure compensated barrel (note- this does not include a trap skeet or sport clay barrel) on an 1100, you should install the shield/ cover over the barrel flange. You must them either modify your 1100 forend to acceot the larger diameter cover or replace it with an 1187 forend.
  • Options
    tooldtoold Member Posts: 154 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks GUYS
    I was thinking about putting a 1187 slug barrel
    on my 1100. it seems like everything fits ok.
    forearm to.

DON