In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

RIVER ROCK ARMS

coyote_bikcoyote_bik Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
INTERESTED IN BUYING AN AR15 TYPE TARGET RIFLE POSSIBLY FOR COMPETITION AND WAS WONDERING WHAT THE QUALITY OF RIVER ROCK ARMS IS COMPARED TO A COLT AR15? ANY INFO WOULD BE GREATLY APPERICATED, THANKS

Comments

• Options
    slickshotslickshot Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you that the RRA weapons are 1st class
    I have one tricked-up to shoot varmints----it shoots a steady ragged hole group at 100 yrds with the 50 gr V-Max
    have an 1-8 twist that shoots better than most of my bolt guns---likes the 68 match Hornady---3/8 inch group at 100 yrds----quality and finish is much better than any of the other Ar's----they finish the exteriors like no other---their match triggers are exceptional!!!!
  • Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Assume you mean Rock River.
    They are of good quality and will work for what you want.
    cpermd
  • Options
    bmxrcbmxrc Member Posts: 41 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have RRA 24" varmint upper a bushy lower with rra two stage trigger
    shoot varmints,it shoots a geat at 100 yrds..3 shot around size on dime all touch have an 1-8 twist that love 55 sp load.
    Only problem is you my have to wait some time for product 2 month for
    upper But Mark treated great.. p.s. I shoot a M16A2 colt also but money will be going to RRA
  • Options
    ka11ka11 Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't have one but wish I did. My buddy shot competion with one and it's the top of the line.
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,533 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just got my Rock River carbine in. Ordered it from the factory took about 4 weeks to get. This is a good sign, they actually put there's together for each order. They don't have tons of inventory lying around. Mine has a national match trigger (standard) & a 16" Wilson chrome lined heavey barrel. I paid dealer cost, about $650 before tax for it. I'll have to let you know how it shoots.

Opinions are like Ah@les, everyone has one.