In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Old westernfeild single shot 410 shotgun

Larry_HawaiiLarry_Hawaii Member Posts: 58 ✭✭
edited October 2002 in Ask the Experts
Someone wants to sell me a westernfeild single shot 410 shotgun.
Its also a bolt action. He says there is no serial numbers and that its really old. Any idea what somthing like this is worth?

Larry w. Jose

Comments

• Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    stevens, mossberg and high standard all made bolt action shotguns in the late 1940's, 1950's and 1960's and they all at one time or another furnished montgomery wards with these models (westernfield is a wards trade name)

as to not having a serial number this was a common practice until the imfamous 1968 gun law, one part of it mandated that all firearms imported and or manufactured in the u.s.a have a serial number. before this some manufactures did and a lot did not put serial numbers on their firearms, mostly .22 rimfire rifles and shotguns

b.goforth
  • Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    forget to include the value of these older bolt action shotguns. their value is solely dependant on condition both physical and mechanical and can be as low as $35 to as high as $100+ also what part of the country you live in effects pricing what sells good in texas may not sell at all in new england. i guess what i am trying to say firearms of this type are only worth what the buyer is will to pay

b.goforth