In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Belgium Browning Light Auto 5

jefflegerjeffleger Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
I recently posted a question about the deal that I made when I purchased this shotgun and according to all who replied I made a good deal. Now I have another question. If I replace the stocks and get it reblued will I deface the value of the shotgun? Thanks Jeff.

Comments

• Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    In a word, yes. HOWEVER, if you bought it for YOU and your heirs with no intention of resale, by all means, go ahead and treat yourself. Make your weapon beautiful and ENJOY it.

Too many folks, myself included, sometimes forget that there is more to fine firearms than dollar signs.

We are here for a shorter time than our weapons. Make yourself happy!

You are your own best teacher. My advice is to question all things. Seek for answers, and when you find what seems to be an answer, question that too. L'Amour
  • Options
    select-fireselect-fire Member Posts: 69,453 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sounds like the good deal you got just went south. Stocks for Brownings are not cheap and a decent re-blue from the factory isn't either.
  • Options
    nordnord Member Posts: 6,106
    edited November -1
    You didn't tell us it needed a stock and a reblue. Too bad!

Now... For the price you'll pay for the work needed, put that aside and buy a A-5 in nice condition. Plan on parting with $600.00 for a nice Belgian gun with some options. Or twice that for a very nice Sweet 16.

Nord
  • Options
    Spring CreekSpring Creek Member Posts: 1,260
    edited November -1
    Go ahead, blue it and put on new furniture.
    Synthetic stock/forearm can be had for not that much money.
    All together, for good "Blue" Job, stock, etc.-Shouldn't set you back
    over $250.
    You probably won't add that to value, but it'll look better.
    Can't hurt what's past hurting.
  • Options
    jefflegerjeffleger Member Posts: 98 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey guys I didn't say it needed stocks or a blueing. the gun was manufactured in 1957. the stocks are fine (no cracking) and the blueing is a little worn where the barrel goes in and out other than that the gun is great. I've seen them on this auction in way worse condition for 500 or better and I only paid 300. I just thought a new blueing and some fancy walnut stocks would liven it up but I guess that takes away the value. Jeff