In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Best Carry Gun

Cameron203Cameron203 Member Posts: 210 ✭✭✭
edited September 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a question concerning the best carry gun. I currently own a Glock 21 .45(10+1), Glock 30(10+1), and a HK USP Compact SS .45(8+1). The range in size from the 30 being the smallest to the HK then the 21 model. I bought the HK for carry but haven't been able to find a holster that is concealable they are all comfortable. Any suggestions on which gun and or recommend a holster for me. THanks.

Comments

• Options
    Der GebirgsjagerDer Gebirgsjager Member Posts: 1,673 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Glock 30 is probably your best choice. Concealability has a lot to do with your size, build, and clothing. In the winter it is much easier to conceal your pistol under a heavy winter coat, and with the right holster you should be able to hide any of your choices. A hot summer day with minimal clothing makes it harder to accomplish good concealment. Galco makes a nice assortment of leather, and a pancake-type holster works well for many. Probably you won't find one holster or pistol good for all applications.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    any suggestions on holsters for the HK USP compact or the GLock 30. THe 30 will probably be my carry gun.
  • Options
    jsergovicjsergovic Member Posts: 5,526
    edited November -1
    The Glock 30, at 1.27" width, seems nice. But isn't a Para CCW slimmer?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Never had any experience with these guns heard they are nice, but I usually stick with what I know works.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'd take the Glock... Currently, I carry my Glock 20 (10mm) whenever I travel. However, it is a full-sized frame just like your 21 and is a little hard to conceal.
    If I were you I'd pick up some 13 round mags for your 21 and use it for home defense.
    Don't forget about the model 29 as mentioned in the general discussion board...
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,442 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    My feeling is that there is no "best" cc gun. DG has made it clear, a lot depends on your size, build, and clothing. Two factors I believe are important: it has to be comfortable (following somewhat on the above). If it's not comfortable you won't carry all the time. Also, what is the reason to carry. If you are looking to take out the leaders of a crazed mob, well then yes, the 45, 40 & 10 make sense. If you are looking for protection in a parking lot, that may be larger than you need, and one he** of a load to carry for 8 - 12 hours.

Just my opinion.

cbxjeffIt's too late for me, save yourself.
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks guys I think I will use the Glock 30 for carry.
  • Options
    budreaux39budreaux39 Member Posts: 46 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I carry a G30 in an Alessi Talon plus, I think. Can't remember exactly but have been carrying it in this well made holster for around a year. Rides high and tight, forward cant, made for the 30 and 29 (same gun, different caliber). Has 30 on the outside of the inside, one way snaps on both sides and has never failed. Had to dry fit for about 1 week with 2 plastic bags between gun and holster, fits great with good retension. Easy on and off one hand operation. The only thing I wish it had extra is a piece that came upwards between the gun and my side. Not a big problem but I think it would be that much more comfortable.
    My $0.02,
    B

M&S Gunstock Shop
    www.mandsgunstockshop.com
    sdv7771@cox-internet.com
    Custom StockmakerSeveral Grades of Walnut Firearm TransfersNRA MemberNAHC Life MemberNRA Certified InstructorAr Concealed HG Instructor
  • Options
    shootlowshootlow Member Posts: 5,425
    edited November -1
    go with the GLOCK

b.gif

"Go over,go under,go around,or go through.But never give up."