In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M 1 A MAGS

GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
i BOUGHT 3 MAGS OFF A GUY I KNOW WHO WAS A DEALER IN THE 80S/ He told me he got the M1A mags from Springfield Armory 20 years ago. I can't find any markings on them. Is this possible? Thanks. Walt

Comments

• Options
    hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what kind of a finish do they have and what kind of a follower!!!
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Possible but not likely.

All the mags I've gotten from Springfield Inc have been USGI, & all USGI mags have the manufacturers code stamped on the spine.

During the 90's several companies took rusty USGI mags, buffed off all the corrosion (& markings), & reparked them. Could yours be from this group?

Neal
  • Options
    hatchettmanhatchettman Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    there are some 20rd mags on the market right now that look like USGI, but in fact are chinese, they seem to function ok, and are a spitting imagine of US mil-spec!!! If they were bought from springfield in the 80`s , they would have a markers mark on them or have been re-done!!!
  • Options
    king999king999 Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Unlikely that they come fron Springfield. Most likely they are Chinese, made for the no-longer imported M-14s that they made. If that is the case, although not marked, they are excellent and will function as well as USGI.
    Morty
  • Options
    Doc FeelgoodDoc Feelgood Member Posts: 542 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Those Chinese mags that I got in '92 or '93 are some of the best that I have. This includes some GI mags that were picked up from a local source.
  • Options
    GrasshopperGrasshopper Member Posts: 16,755 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    AFTER SEARCING I FOUND THE FOLLOWING MARKS ON THE SPINE "BRW" AND UNDERNEATH THAT "S 1" FOLLOWERS LOOK MILITARY TO ME, ALSO THE MORE I READ THIS BOARD, I REALIZE I DON'T KNOW CRAP ABOUT MUCH. THANKS ALL! I WILL HAVE A NICE GIVE-A-WAY WHEN ITS MY TURN. ANYMORE INSIGHT WITH THESE MARKS? WALT
  • Options
    boeboeboeboe Member Posts: 3,331
    edited November -1
    Those would be Borg Warner mags, good USGI mags.

To err is human, to moo is bovine.