In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Freon powered BB gun, who made it, etc, etc???????

CrossbardCrossbard Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
I remember a G&A test report from the late 70's when thet tested a freon powered BB machine gun. I've tried searching for info on the web and come up with nothing. The manufacturer used to advertise them in the back of G&A and they weren't too expensive. They quit selling them after they banned R-12 freon. Well now you can get R-134 and I think this thing would be a hoot to play with.

Can someone help me out with who made these!!!!!!!!!
I'd sure like to find one.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello yes they did make these that were legal in full auto and were a "hoot" to shoot dragon flies on a pond early version of fighter plane vedio game . Even though we now have R134 it is still unlawfull to just dump into the air sorry.
  • Options
    magmag Member Posts: 464 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think the later ones came with a schrader valve so you could fill the can with compressed air. I used to have an old "Air Gun Digest" that had a test of the freon powered gun but the book must have gotten Ebayed. It also had a test on the WW2 aircraft gunner training full auto bb guns that looked like a 50 cal.

mag
  • Options
    PrebanpartsPrebanparts Member Posts: 465 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It was made by LARC and they are long gone
  • Options
    gonepostalgonepostal Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    http://www.geocities.com/bbmachinegun/review9.htm

modern version

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=91887

i will now put ten round mags in all my pre ban guns ,just to show defiance

dhs-advisory-elevated.gif
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    New in the box, and I just got an air compressor adaptor. 3,000 BB's a minute.
    DSC00078.jpg

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    Salvage33Salvage33 Member Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAP55...looks like a hoot to play with...why don't you send me some particulars on that little jewel. [}:)]

John

The original point and click interface was made by Smith & Wesson
  • Options
    gonepostalgonepostal Member Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    read my link it is all there

i will now put ten round mags in all my pre ban guns ,just to show defiance

dhs-advisory-elevated.gif
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Gonepostal, couldn't get the link to come up.

Salvage, This is the second one I've owned,1st got stolen! With the freon you get short bursts, then you have to wait until the barrel thaws out. About the velocity of a daisy bb gun.
    Hook up the air compressor, set the psi to 60, and it will unload a pint of BB's before you can say"Oh sh-t! Was that the neighbors window!" and they go through both sides of a coffee can! My nephew "plucked" a mockingbird up in a tree before it hit the ground.
    One of the members here makes the adapters, he got up to 200 psi on his before it came apart. Being a machinist he made another out of aluminum, but I haven't heard how the test fire went. As soon as I figure out how to make and post mpegs with my sony digital, I'll show ya how much fun a BB gun is!

CROSSBARD, E-mail Carlos at arbicomm@yahoo.com , he may be selling his new improved version.

"Aim small...Miss small"
  • Options
    CrossbardCrossbard Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks Trap55 & gonepostal

This is exactly the unit I remember.
    I'll contact Carlos later this weekend or next week. Getting ready to go out Elk hunting in the morning and it's got a little higher priority right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    cbxjeffcbxjeff Member Posts: 17,435 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well you guys have me interested. 55, from your post I'm guessing that this is a plastic body. Hence your pal is making an aluminum one to increase strength. Now if this thing is awesome at 60 psi the main problem for an extended burst is the device cooling during cycling. An aluminum body will be a big help. The freon pressure doesn't change as you use it up. Also the pressure in PSI is about the same as the temp. in degrees F. So if it's summer in Texas you should be able to mow down a flock of ducks at 100 yds! OK, I'm getting a little carried away here. Please keep us posted on your machinist friend's project.

cbxjeff<P>It's too late for me, save yourself. <br>
    It's too late for me, save yourself.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    cbxjeff, arbicomm is his GB screen name, but he has only posted a few times. I had to search the archives to find the name, I lost his address after a nasty worm virus spread thru my PC. I'll have to send him an e-mail and get an update on his project.

"Aim small...Miss small"