In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Springfield XD .40S&W help: Part 2

Raider006Raider006 Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭
edited September 2004 in Ask the Experts
Also, can anyone suggest a good holster for concealed carry? My stepdad just got one and there are lots of ammo varieties to choose from. Would anyone experienced with the 4 inch Springfield XD in .40 S&W please pass along which kind of ammo you prefer for defense and plinking. Thanks.

Austin Raider
SFA ROTC Lumberjack Battalion
Raiders Lead The Way!
flash.jpg

Comments

• Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Federal Hydroshocks are very god as well as Winchester XST's. For plinking...whatever is cheap and proves itself to be reliable. The Springfields are nice, reliable, well made guns and should give you excellent service!

"When I cease learning...I'm dead"(Me)
    "Power corrupts...Absolute power corrupts absolutely"(Descartes?)
    "History is written by winners"(Patton)
    "You get a lot farther with a kind word and a gun than you do with a kind word alone!"(Al Capone)
    "There is nothing lower than the human race...except the French" (Samuel Clemens)
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wallmart sells Winchester 100 round boxes of 40 S & W for $16.
    It's 165 Grain FMJ ammo. For plinking and practice, you can't beat it.

luger_4.jpg
  • Options
    targetshootertargetshooter Member Posts: 172 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I own 4 XD's 2 40's & 2 9's they are great guns and I have not found any ammo that they wouldn't shoot well. I agree with the last fellow for linking buy the 100 round Winchester at Wal-mart. For defense I lean toward any type of Federal ammo But I use Personal defense ammo by Federal.

Down Zero
  • Options
    gobucksgobucks Member Posts: 257 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Just a heads up. I have an XD-40 that I've put about a thousand rounds through. Every kind of ammo I'v used has worked flawlessly, from cheap Wolf and CCI Blazer to expensive CORBON and Golden Saber HPs, all bullet weights and types. I found a great deal on Triton Hi Vel's. They won't feed. I hope I can return the other 96 rounds. 4 fell in the leaves while I was unjamming them.
  • Options
    isofahunterisofahunter Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Wildbillsconcealment.com Covert Carry My XD has ridden in this rig from day one.