In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Iver Johnson Arms- Info Please

txrob779txrob779 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
edited February 2005 in Ask the Experts
Hey guys it me again, found more guns this weekend in Grandad's house. Here is what I found,

1. What apears to be a nickel plated 5 shot 38 cal Top Break revolver. It is in poor condition, plating comming off, some rust inside the bore and chambers.Any Idea of year

says "Iver Johnson Arms and Cycle works last patent date is Dec, 1893 no serial # to be seen.

2. An Iver Johnson 8 shot 22 cal pistol in perfect condition.
Is a I J sealed 8, I.J A&C works Fitchburg, Mass #N29902
Any Idea of year Any info helpful

Rob

Comments

• Options
    b.goforthb.goforth Member Posts: 982
    edited November -1
    rob,
    the top break is a safety automatic revolver first model (should have barrel latch release lever of the left side of the top strap. serial number is under the grip strap on the left side. manufacture date is 1894/1895 depending on if there is a letter code with the serial number. first model is chambered for black powder cartridge pressures. how many patent dates are listed two or four.

the target sealed 8 model was manufactured between 1932 and 1954. serial number N29902 manufactured 1950/51. how long is the barrel and does the top strap markings say target sealed 8 or just sealed 8
    bill
  • Options
    txrob779txrob779 Member Posts: 13 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bill,
    I'll have to check how many patent dates are on the 38. I think it is only two. The 22. just says Sealed 8, and the barrel is about 4".

Rob