In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Looking for info on an EAA EA/R 38

jrdumkins9000jrdumkins9000 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2009 in Ask the Experts
Hi--my first post--thanks for any help in advance. I've been searching multiple forums and google searches for information on the EAA EA/R shown in the picture below. I've seen them before on GB for sale, but can't seem to find anymore info on it. I emailed EAA in FL, and they are sending me a manual for it. But I'm away from home the next few weeks and won't see it for a while. I'm just wondering if anyone out there has one of these, knows anything about it, and is willing to share that info?
I would appreciate it tons!
thanks
Matt

EAA38Special.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's a early import, (note the West Germany, marking). It was made by a German firearms company with the name of Weihrauch. Many of the later production revolvers were sold under the "Windicator" name. There sturdy descent quality revolvers, but there is little collector demand/interest. Probably money wise in the $150/$250 range.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I haven't seen the gun first-hand yet--at my FFL waiting for pick-up now...the auction I got it on had it listed as a .38--but not anything more...no "Special", or "S & W", etc... would you happen to know off hand if they were chambered in 38 Special or might I be in for a surprise?
    thanks for the insight!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    ah ha--I just noticed in the picture what the engraving is on the chamber--it says 38 Special. Very hard to read, but I noticed it was upside down cause of where its turned. Flipped my laptop over and there it is!