In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

52b winchester stock

keith the collectorkeith the collector Member Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
lookinf for a stock. Any sugggestion on how to find one? If you do please advise. Thank You Keith the collector[:D]

Comments

• Options
    HerschelHerschel Member Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keith,

Welcome to the forum. There are different stocks required for the Model 52B Winchester. There was the Sporter model that had a hunting type stock with cheekpiece and checkering. The standard model had slender stock with a barrel band and a reduction of the size of the forend just forward of the barrel band, there was the Marksman stock that was on the heavy barrel and bull barrel models. So, the barrel weight and model would dictate which stock you need. I would look at gun shows and do a search on gunbroker auction periodically. Mike Kokolus makes fine reproduction stocks for some firearms. I am not sure if he makes them for the 52 Win.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for your info Herschel. The one I need is the heavy barrel with the barrel band at the front of stock secured with what I call a cross screw going through the side of stock. Keith
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I found one at outback gun parts. Thank you Keith