In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Rem LT 20 still not ejecting. Now what?

BossmustangaceBossmustangace Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
edited November 2009 in Ask the Experts
The continuing saga of the Remington LT 20 chambered in 3" mag that won't eject 2 3/4" shells.....

Some of you are trying to help me figure out why my gun won't eject, and the consensus was that I needed to buy a 2 3/4" bbl because it has two gas ports instead of one (in the 3" bbl).

Unfortunately gentlemen, it did not work. It still won't eject my dove loads at all.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Rick

Comments

• Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make sure your magazine tube is spotless, and make sure your piston is posistioned right. If I remember correctly the 12 and 20 magnums have to have the piston switched like a Browning A-5 to handle light target loads. Also put a VITON O-ring on that thing.

Best
  • Options
    JIM STARKJIM STARK Member Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    O rings in the 1100 20 Ga. shotguns,,,There are 3 different styles....are different...If you have a 20 Ga. standard weight o-ring in a LT-20 gun..It will render the gas system AFU... and visa versa... The cross sectional diameters of the o-rings are different...smaller for the LT and larger for the standard weight....Good luck...
    JIM...................
  • Options
    azpowerwagonazpowerwagon Member Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Boss, Remington part # F14437 is the correct barrel seal aka gas ring, for both the LT std and mag guns. The piston and piston seal are also the same for both. Sorry I missed your earlier posts.
    Is the bolt recoiling far enough that another shell is released from the mag?
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Keep it simple, shoot magnum dove loads... even if it means reloading, the cost wont be much different,just a little more powder.
  • Options
    BossmustangaceBossmustangace Member Posts: 45 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, this is kind of embarassing but here goes.......

Took the gun to my smith with the 2.75" bbl on and told him it still won't eject.

He tore the shotgun from my hands, loaded in some low brass shells from "Rio", walked out the door and promptly cracked off 3 shots in rapid succession.

Problem solved. I guess I'll burn up the rest of that WalMart ammo in my O/U, and use the better stuff for the semi auto.

BG Hillbilly, you can say "I told you so."
    Thanks to all who contributed to these posts.
    I'm learning a lot from everyone here.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    walmart chinese shotshells??????
  • Options
    BGHillbillyBGHillbilly Member Posts: 1,927 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by fordsix
    walmart chinese shotshells??????
    Walmart telling a suppier to cut the cost 10% or else they stock somebody else.
  • Options
    darksiderdarksider Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Bossmustangace
    The continuing saga of the Remington LT 20 chambered in 3" mag that won't eject 2 3/4" shells.....

Some of you are trying to help me figure out why my gun won't eject, and the consensus was that I needed to buy a 2 3/4" bbl because it has two gas ports instead of one (in the 3" bbl).

Unfortunately gentlemen, it did not work. It still won't eject my dove loads at all.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Rick
  • Options
    darksiderdarksider Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    when I had a rem lt-20 mag with short extension I found that cleaning and lubrication with rem-oil I could use 2 3/4" dove loads the gun would cycle slower you need to make sure it is clean