In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Swift 4X490 rifle scope

patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
edited September 2016 in Ask the Experts
Recently I bought an older swift rifle scope, 4X40, but the model number can not be read. The problem is a can not adjust it left and right or up and down. When the caps are removed you find two brass colored circles, one inside the other. The inner circle has two small holes which I assume are for adjustment, but I do not have a wrench that will do this. Can anybody help me? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Make a spanner. Use some clay and press it over the area. Wet the protrusions with some ink. Touch the ink to a flat piece of steel. Center punch the marks, then drill, and pound in some brad nails. Cut the heads off.

Perhaps a small snap ring pliers will fit good enough to test the adjustment theory.
  • Options
    navc130navc130 Member Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You can file a spanner wrench out to fit from a metal washer.
  • Options
    patt7638patt7638 Member Posts: 364 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I certainly want to thank forgemonkey. I called the man and we had a most interesting conversation. I got my money back.