In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

EMF Hartford 1892 Win Question

ern98ern98 Member Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2016 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me who manufactured this rifle for EMF. I expect it was one of the Italian firms, but I can't remember which. Also, did the shoot well?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Foreign made manufactured goods, have to be marked with their country of origin. Per U.S. law.

Italian made firearms, have very distinctive Proof Marks. Including a coded date.

EMF's guns, use Trade Names owned by EMF. EMF doesn't care, if they get a better deal. From selling a lever action from Rossi in Brazil, rather than one made in Italy by Uberti. It would still be sold as the Harford.
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    ern98,

They are currently sold by EMF:

http://www.emf-company.com/store/pc/1892-Rifles-c123.htm

quote:ROSSI MODEL 1892 RIFLES, CARBINES & "RANCH HAND"

The Winchester Model 1892 rifle was designed as a replacement for the 1873. It incorporated a much stronger action than the earlier lever action firearms of the 1860's and 1870's. Although Winchester phased the Model 1892 out in the 1930's, the Model 1892 has continued to be popular with Cowboy Action Shooters and hunters. EMF's 1892's are manufactured by the Brazilian arms maker, Rossi. By using updated materials and production techniques, the Model 1892's action is strong enough to chamber high pressure handgun rounds, such as .357Mag & .44Mag. While earlier rifles and shotguns actually "Won the West", the majority of lever action rifles seen in classic Hollywood Westerns are 1892 Carbines. These were famously carried by John Wayne in dozens of films, Clint Eastwood in "Rawhide", Chuck Conners in "The Rifleman" and Steve McQueen in "Wanted: Dead or Alive".

)))))))))))))))
    ((((((((((((((