In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

cv 7.62x25 ammo

wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Ask the Experts
been told different types of ammo what kind do I need

Comments

• Options
    wild cat manwild cat man Member Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    its for cv 7.62x25 semiauto pistol
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I believe that the pistol your inquiring about is the Czech CZ 52. As per this photo. The ammo is widely available. Known as 7.62 X 25, or much less commonly as 30 Mauser pistol ammo.

This ammo has been available in the States for years. Mainly because of the great quantity. Of ex east bloc guns that have been chambered for it, that were sold here.

The guns were chambered for full metal jacket, (ball ammo). As per the photo. Because of this, 95% of the available ammo is this FMJ, (ball ammo). Your CZ 52, should function just fine with it.

EDIT #1,

If you buy some of the old, surplus military, 7.62 X 25 ammo. That is still available. Clean well after shooting it. It's very corrosive, and will cause bore rusting. Within 24 hours. Don't ask me how I know.[xx(]

hqdefault.jpg
  • Options
    gruntledgruntled Member Posts: 8,218 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The .30 Mauser is 7.63X25. It will function & is safe but may be too underpowered to function the slide.
    The 7.62X25 is too powerful for the Broomhandle Mauser. Basically the same cartridge case but different loadings.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a CZ-52. Interesting roller lock. Most of the imported ball ammo military I had was hit or miss as far as firing, lots of duds. It was also berdan primed. I bought some boxer brass and Lee dies for it, which worked fine.

Trigger pull was poor, I didn't try to fix. I like the Rusky military pistol better as far as being able to hit something.
  • Options
    spiritsspirits Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Reloaded for 7.62X25mm using new Starline cases and Lee dies. Never had any problem with the reloads and never tried any military ammo.

The military sights were adequate, creepy trigger, difficult take down unless you built a few simple tools for assistance, 2 inch 5 shot groups at 25 meter accuracy on its best days, and very loud report.

Remember when The American Rifleman had an article on a CZ52 and about the same time someone had one for sale ~ $2500.