In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Hammerli

iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Ask the Experts
Just curious about the proper pronunciation.

Is it Hammer Lee

Or

Hammer EL Lee?

I say Hammer Lee but then again I say Porsche as Porch and not Porch Ah

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm trying to find out anything about a circa 1950's Hammerli, imported for High Hunter (I'm guessing they are gun dealers) in Calif. The gun itself is a single action .357 revolver. Any help would be gratefully appreciated.[:)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    What is a hammerli 103 pistol value @95 percent condition; also what's the value of a hammerli walther international in 95 percent condition; I have pictures that I can e-mail if needed
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hammer lee or Maybe HAMMER TIME if you are from the south[^] I have had a model 106 and a 208s well made and I have never seen another pistol shoot smaller groups . I just happen to like 1911 GRIP ANGLEif one wants to shoot NRA BULLS-EYE
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Karl. I knew someone (like you) would know.

I've never been able to justify owning anything better than my Mdl 41, which can out shoot my abilities (and now eye sight) on it's worst day.

I figure if I showed up with a Hammerli, I'd have to win the match or something.[:D]
  • Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    iceracerx,

Yes, it's Hammer Lee, at least according to the employees that man the booth at SHOT Show...[;)]

quote:I figure if I showed up with a Hammerli, I'd have to win the match or something.[:D]

Yes again since we would expect you to win or something! [}:)]

When I was shooting a lot of trap and skeet, local (high roller) folks would show up with $25,000 shotguns and proceed to score in the high teens or low twenties. The rest of us who actually took it seriously, but shot $1,000 or less shotguns, would run the field. But when those high dollar shooters showed up, the expectations of what they MIGHT do to us was at a very high level. The same occurs at the Tactical competitions that I attend now. It's simply psychological. It generally comes down to the capability of the person driving the firearm as long as the firearm is capable.

I have a wonderful Mod. 41 and a Mod. 52 which are older yet shoot very competitively for the type of shooter I am. I am neither embarrassed nor do I feel undergunned. I shoot to the best of my ability but, if I doubt the tool then I will have to make some changes. Confidence in your tools is paramount in any competition.

Best.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Nono!

If I owned a single expensive 'anything' I wouldn't be able to afford to do all the 'things' I enjoy. I can't imagine showing up at the Trap or skeet field with a 6K Krieghoff much less a 25K scattergun! I started shooting Skeet with a 870 and moved to the 'big time' (in my mind) with a nice 1K "fitted" O/U. Still haven't run the course!

I've been competing long enough to know that while the best of the best in equipment instills confidence (as long as it's maintained[}:)]) it doesn't reduce the stress of busting the 100th bird if clean to that point or on the final shot of the slow fire stage when the other 9 are in the 10 ring.

When I started shooting center fire rifles, I was at the range and just competing with myself for the best group I could manage (I've been trying to put two bullets through the same hole since I started shooting 55 some years ago). You helped with info on what affects bullet flight and much more. I can shoot better groups at distance (bullet stability) than close up (which didn't make sense at first) so I was shooting @ 200 yards with my new 'guaranteed' sub MOA 223 rifle and had managed a nice 4 shot cloverleaf group. I couldn't will that 5th shot out of the rifle for love nor money. I knew I was going to throw the shot and open up the group and was sweating buckets. And this was just for personal satisfaction. I must have gotten off the scope at least a dozen times, to the point of getting up and walking around. Finally got the shot off and ended up with a 3/4 MOA group. Odd thing is, the pressure isn't any less now than it was then.

Thanks for the ramble.
  • Options
    AdamsQuailHunterAdamsQuailHunter Member Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello - I have only seen one - person from Jacksonville had it at one of the 4 gun matches in Lake City. Here in north central Florida it is hammmmm - errrr - leeee. I have the same 41 & 52 that nononsense does and they are capable of more than I am. Best Regards - AQH