In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Taurus 669 - 6 in Lim Ed stainless Laser Aim

JackOTradesJackOTrades Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited November 2016 in Ask the Experts
Looking to sell my Limited Edition Taurus 669, stainless, 6 inch, with Laser Aim and asking for a value to sell it at. Excellent condition, safe queen after 100 rounds (mixed factory 357 and 38). Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Forgot to add: original plastic molded case, laser, laser mount, chargers (battery and wall). I don't think the laser works anymore. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Like new with manual.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check the completed auctions, on the Gun Broker auction side. If you can't find a Taurus 669, that has sold recently. Check out what the other Taurus revolvers are selling for, to get an general idea of fair market value on the Taurus revolvers.

That said. I had the misfortune of owning one of the early stainless Judges. When they first hit the market. Quality and workmanship, left a lot to be desired. Hopefully your 669, is better in both respects.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    About $200.00 is what is should bring, in the condition it is in. Buy a Taurus, and loose any resale value.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Wow - that is not good. I could be wrong but think I paid over $600 for it originally.
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Since you have it, it might pay to keep it rather than take the loss. I would consider fixing the laser.

added how to post pic's

http://forums.GunBroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

Make a junk email account at like photobucket, upload your pic's there, copy the url and past it in with the pic's icon 4th from the right in the format bar (yellow square with mountain and sun).
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, I think that our friend TSR is low on the value. He may be right in a way, since neither he nor I would pay more than $200 for it.

But, there are always new folks getting into guns, & some of the newer shooters don't read this forum or know much about which guns are good, & which are -- not so good. So, if you were to list it on GB with a low starting price, you might get lucky & get $400-500 for it. Or not. The price that you get will be the true market value.

If you try to sell it locally, it's going to be a hard sell.

Neal
  • Options
    BigLoop22BigLoop22 Member Posts: 620 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    JackOTrades,

Is this like your gun?:

Taurus_669_Laser_Aim.jpg

++++++++++++++

&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bigloop22 - yes it looks exactly like that - same setup.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Nmyers - I was thinking trying the same price range you suggest. I'm in no hurry. It's really in like new condition. And the more I recall back to 1990 (mfg date) when I purchased it, I think I paid more like $700 for it.

Charliemeyer007 - if I can't get a good price for it, I will probably keep it (don't know though if I'll figure out what's wrong with the laser - it might just be the chargers for all I know).

Yeah, I actually figured out how to reply directly.

BTW - how do I include images in these posts?