In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Re-insert Bolt on Winchester 52

AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
edited November 2016 in Ask the Experts
All Right: Refresh my memory! I know how to get the bolt out of my Jap copy of the 52 sporter but I had a heck of a time getting it back in. What's the trick?

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Try holding the trigger down

Mike
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If I don't shoot mine often enough I always forget.

Pull trigger, hold to rear. Then push forward and hold. Works for getting in and getting out.
  • Options
    iceracerxiceracerx Member Posts: 8,860 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 'trick' seems to be the safety lever. My Anschutz (and most 22 bolt rifles) works the same way, right up until some do gooder flips the safety on, then the trigger won't move enough to allow the bolt to re-install. BTDT.

quote:Originally posted by dfletcher
    If I don't shoot mine often enough I always forget.

Pull trigger, hold to rear. Then push forward and hold. Works for getting in and getting out.
  • Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The MicroMotion trigger is different than the B trigger. To install the bolt first pull back on the trigger, then with the trigger being held back insert a dowel or screwdriver into the rear of the receiver and push down on the sear. While holding the sear depressed push the trigger forward and hold it there. Remove the dowel and insert the bolt. the safety has to be off
  • Options
    AmbroseAmbrose Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Dokey,

That dowel/screwdriver method will surely work. When I put the bolt in at the range, I used the screwdriver blade on my knife inserted through the ejection port to hold down the sear. I was thinking there should be a simpler way. TRAP55's post suggests there is but I haven't tried that yet. I usually try to look down a bore when I take a gun from storage to make sure the bore is clear so I'll try that next time.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Remember...there are two different trigger groups for these...some have the standard trigger, and some have the Micro Motion trigger. I am thinking that they both differ from each other.
  • Options
    DokeyDokey Member Posts: 941 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    With the pre A, A's and B's you just pull the trigger back to remove and install the bolt. Another trick I use with the micromotion trigger is to insert a small wooden wedge behind the trigger to hold it forward, which keeps the sear depressed