In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

More on water displacing oil

leoleo Member Posts: 335 ✭✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
Tagging on to 338 magnut's question. How is the oil applied? Put the part in a tank & soak it in the oil? Rub the part down with the oil? After applying the oil wrap the part in something?

Thanks, Leonard.

Comments

• Options
    260260 Member Posts: 1,134
    edited November -1
    i suppose it can be applied different ways....
    when a blued part comes out of my hot rinse tanks, I immediately put them in the water displacing oil tank. drop in ...pull out and hang to drip. the oil soon drips off and forms a wax type coating. really good stuff. i get mine from DU-LITE corp. you can also get it from them in a pump bottle .
  • Options
    chris8X57chris8X57 Member Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In our shop, we immersed in the oil tank for a few minutes, pulled the parts and laid them on a paper covered work bench. The paper would absorb the surplus oil and could be discarded. Parts would usually set out until reassembly. We never had a need to wrap them for any reason. We did them same whether parkerizing or bluing.