In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Savage Model 10 in 223

rotcgunsrotcguns Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
I picked up a used Savage model 10 chambered in 223. It has 22" barrel (not a bull barrel) and accutrigger. No detachable mag, black synthetic stock. I can load 5 rounds into the internal mag. Shoots great. I'm just looking for help in identifying exactly what version it is. I've looked online and in my blue book of gun values but haven't figured it out. It doesn't appear to be the ones I read about since most have the camo stock and/or heavy barrel. I'm guessing that's the same as a bull barrel. I'm not too familiar with the savage line so any help will be appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Savage has about a gazillion and one variants of its model 10 rifle.

Without a picture, not sure I (or anyone else) can help you, and even with good pictures it may not be all that easy.

If you contact Savage with the serial number, they may be able to, though.

http://www.savagearms.com/customerservice/contact/
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Are you sure it is not a model 110 ???
  • Options
    rotcgunsrotcguns Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by armilite
    Are you sure it is not a model 110 ???

It says Model 10 on the barrel
  • Options
    sandwarriorsandwarrior Member Posts: 5,453 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    rotcguns,

Something to remember, Savage has the model 10 split into two categories, hunting and LE. It is a hunting model as it does not have the bull barrel. According to codes, yours should be a model 10F if it was an older (but late enough to be an Accutrigger) model. There were also package and non-package models.

As it is slated now, all the synthetic stock non-heavy barrels are model 11's. All beech stock hunters are 10's. The problem here is Savage has switched from walnut to beech to synthetic, heavy, non-heavy, target, stainless, stainless having it's own number (16/116) while switching the numbers around.

If you are looking for aftermarket parts or replacement parts, the serial number will usually do. If not then find the type of magazine feed, staggered or center. And, the bolt spacing from the most forward to the one just in front of the trigger-guard. In spite of all the changes, most everything of those types is interchangeable.

Added:
    That spacing comes in two sizes: 4.27" (staggerfeed) and 4.41" (centerfeed)