In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Questions: Browning Auto 5 & BAR Grade 3

nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
edited January 2013 in Ask the Experts
All questions apply to Belgian-made guns.

1. Did the Grade 3 BAR come in a Browning hard case, or was the hard case an optional aftermarket purchase?

2. Did the Grade 3 BAR ever come from the factory with a scope installed?

3. If you had a Grade 3 BAR, in a hard case, with a Leupold scope attached, would you sell it as is, or separate the rifle, case and scope?

4. Did any standard or magnum Auto-5 shotguns come in a hard case with an extra barrel? If so, what were the barrel combinations sold?

5. Would an Auto-5 with a trap barrel have a standard butt stock?

6. Is there a number on the Auto-5 barrel that is supposed to match the receiver with which it was orignally sold?

I ask because I have always done better selling guns and their related accessories or aftermarket items separately, but I have no experience with high-end Brownings.

Comments

• Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    Hi Dave, I'm not a 'Browning' expert but have 'some experience with them
    1. no
    2. no
    3. 6 of one 1/2 doz. of the other
    4. possibly
    5. some did, some didn't
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good Morning David,

1. The only brownings that I know of that came in a hard case, were some of their handguns, or sets of handguns, and some of their break open shotguns. So, no, it most likely did not come in a hard case.

2. No, Some rifles came, with no sights, but never seen one with a factory scope.

3. If it is a leather wrapped, semi fitted hard case, I let it go with the rifle, unless you have something you want it for. As for the scope, one(the seller) takes a beating on them, when they get sold with the gun...usually pennies on the dollar.

4., 5., &6. I am not an A-5 expert

Best
  • Options
    cercer Member Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    #6, in the 50's and earler the barrels were serial numbered to match
    in the 60's and later the barrels generally do not match the recievers at least none of mine match
  • Options
    nunnnunn Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 36,017 ******
    edited November -1