In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

H&R Pardner 28 gauge

NeoBlackdogNeoBlackdog Member Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭
edited December 2018 in Ask the Experts
How rare is the Pardner in 28 ga? Can you switch barrels on these to 12, 20, or .410?

Comments

• Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    bought one of the last made due to the fact i have a bunch of shells never fired it yet
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Bought one of these several years ago for my son. They were a catalog item, so they are not that common but they are out there. If I remember correctly you could send the frame back to NEF and they would fit a barrel of different size gauge to the frame. Don't think you can just switch barrels on these like you can a TC Encore.
  • Options
    pip5255pip5255 Member Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    you can switch some barrels but may need fitting, most shotgun frames will support shotgun gauges and pistol calibers but not rifle.
    I've got a few combo sets that I kept for myself, I used to put them together for people sometime back then the company started doing it.
    just because you could doesn't mean you should
  • Options
    charliemeyer007charliemeyer007 Member Posts: 6,579 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    They made multi barreled sets. I had a 20 gauge 3" Mag with a 22 Hornet. As a shotgun it was very light and handy, the Hornet barrel was the same size so the forearm would fit and weighed a ton. Due to the weak extractor design the Hornet would often stick cases requiring a section of cleaning rod to eject the case.

I have seen 3 barrel sets.
  • Options
    wolfpackwolfpack Member Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Charlie is right. They did make some interchangeable sets that were sold together. Friend of mine had a 20 gauge/30-30 combo. Just checked my owners manual on a 16 gauge NEF I bought several years ago. It states that you can get another gauge barrel for it but the frame has to be sent back to the factory and the new barrel fitted. Cost listed was 95.00 at that time.
  • Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 28 gauge with a full length vent rib - I know that one is pretty damn rare - used it to sharpen my skills at trap shooting and to thin out some rabbits getting into the garden

Think they offered a 28 gauge vent rib bbl in a flat stainless finish as well that got featured on a catalog cover

Mine is a nice gun - never any problems.

Mike
  • Options
    victorj19victorj19 Member Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NEF/H&R ended the extra barrel program on late 2014.